This is the only site totally devoted to the Seattle Pilots, but below are some interesting sites relating to baseball history. There is also a page of non-baseball links that relate to the 1960s, pop culture, etc., that I think you will enjoy, too.
- Jim Bouton Official Web Site - Articles, photos and more from the best writer ever to throw a knuckleball (okay, Hemingway might have thrown a knuckleball for all I know, it's still meant as high praise). You can also get a personally-autographed copy of Ball Four: the Final Pitch and Jim's new book, Foul Ball.
- Negro League Baseball Players Association - A fabulous site with articles about teams and playerseven a section about the Seattle Steelheadsplus loads of pictures, memorabilia for sale, news and events and all to promote the well being of former players and inspire future generations!
- Classic Sports Logos - They make t-shirts featuring extinct sports team logos. No Pilots, but you can get the Seattle Ironmen, Seattle Rangers and tons of others.
- Dr. Mike Marshall's Pitching Coach Services - The one-time Pilots reliever has produced a fascinating site with an in-depth question-and-answer forum and free on-line books about pitching.
- Baseball Heckle Depot- I normally stick with Pilots or baseball history-related sites, but this one merits inclusion. My favorite: "How'd you become an umpire? Flunk out of toll booth school?"
- Diamond Baseball Tours - Any travel agent that does nothing but baseball packages is the travel agent of my (field of) dreams.
- San Francisco Seals Page - Photos, player bios and a history of one of the best known teams in Pacific Coast League history.
- Retrosheet - Their goal is to computerize every pre-1984 baseball game! Play-by-play accounts, box scores and more are available for free on the Web.
- Chapin's Stadia Home Page - A fascinating scholarly work on sports stadiums. The site includes a history of the Kingdome and comprehensive list of books and journal articles relating to stadia.
- Oakland Oaks of 1948 - Autographs, biographies, photos and news stories dedicated to the glory years of one of the Pacific Coast League's original teams.
- Ballparks By Munsey & Suppes - Photos, background and trivia about many of ballparks where the Pilots played, including R.F.K. Stadium. They recently added a section about Sick's Stadium.
- John Skilton's Baseball Links
- Connect to well over 3,000 baseball sites!
- All American Girls Professional Baseball League
- A warehouse of information about the women who were immortalized in the movie, A League Of Their Own.
- Cooperstown Ball Cap Company - Looking for a Pilots cap? Do you want Seattle Pilots, Caruthersville Pilots, Modesto Pilots, Pensacola Pilots
well, you get the idea. They have just about any cap for any team you can name.
- The Baseball Hall of Fame
- The home of all things baseball.